- There is One God for all of creation, a loving Creator attainable through the Grace
- Goal is to be one with god
- Selfless service towards the entire Creation
- Truth, fearless, non-hateful spirit are important in attaining salvation
- Absolute equality of humanity
- Defenders of social and spiritual justice
- Living a moral, truthful and hardworking existence
- Humility and loving action
- Defending the rights of the downtrodden and oppressed
Guru Nanak Dev Ji’s Principles
These 3 pillars / principles are the FOUNDATION of Sikhism.
- Naam Japo: Chanting the Holy Name and thus remembering God at all times (ceaseless devotion to God).
- Kirat Karō: Earning/making a living honestly, without exploitation or fraud.
- Vand Chakkō: Sharing with others, helping those with less who are in need.
So these are Sikhs essential pillars and are very import daily activities.
The idea is to uphold the 5 Virtues and resist the 5 Evils.