It has 3 components:
- Sangat: Community prayer through readings from the Guru Granth Sahib and singing of hymns (Kirtan).
- Pangat: A sense of equality with everyone seated on the ground – at the same level.
- Langar: Free community vegetarian meal for all.
The Protocol to be observed in the Gurdwara is:
- Absolutely not under any influence of alcohol, tobacco or drugs
- Heads must be covered at all times
- Shoes removed in the shoe area upon entry
- Everyone sits on the floor
- All are WELCOME